The EMWPREP Monitoring and Evaluation Database is a bespoke web-enabled database which:
- Serves as a central information access and storage point for our partner institutions
- Records all outreach and, recruitment work in one secure location
- Is used to monitor and evaluate widening participation and outreach activities
In addition the database has a:
- Live Data Dashboard
- Postcode checker – includes all area measures of disadvantage such as
IMD, IDACI, POLAR, and TUNDRA
- Activity and Participant Bulk upload facility
- Self-service report section -online analysis and comprehensive downloads.
- Online data collection form facility
- School login area
The database enables us to ensure that the right students have been selected for activities and report this information to government agencies as well as monitor outreach participants to examine the impact of WP activities and whether interventions have contributed towards student attainment. The data collected is also used to evaluate these interventions to inform best practice, as well as to monitor the progression of participants to FE and HE. Participant information is gathered via EMWPREP data collection forms.
In order to facilitate the gathering, sharing and publication of data through the Monitoring and Evaluation Database, all partner institutions sign and adhere to a Data Compliance Agreement, details of which can be found here.
Anonymised statistical data analysed by the EMWPREP team on HEI-funded outreach activities and participants is published as appropriate and in accordance with data protection legislation.